Location: Gutman Library, 1st Floor
Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m - 2 p.m
If you have an urgent matter, please reach out to HUMS Customer Service.
Hours: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Every day the mailroom delivers the university mail, incoming mail from the Post Office, as well as incoming UPS, FedEx, & DHL shipments. We will also pickup outgoing university and outgoing US mail to have postage added.
Outgoing mail drop-off/pick-up
The USPS mail is picked up from Gutman Library every weekday by 4 p.m.. FedEx picks up everyday by 3 p.m. from the mailroom. When your package is ready to be picked up, please call the mailroom for us to come and pick it up, or you can drop it off in the mailroom by 3 p.m. For anyone missing the 3 p.m. cutoff in the mailroom, there is a dropbox at FedEx Kinkos at the corner of Mt. Auburn & Mifflin.
Designated mail drop-off/pick-up areas
There are drop-off/pick-up boxes within each department/area. Please make sure you have a designated drop off/pick up area for all of your mail (University & outgoing) as well as any outgoing FedEx. If you are not sure of your location, please call us and we can direct you. The mailroom does a daily run to all off campus offices that are part of the Ed. School.
The mailroom processes tens of thousands of pieces of mail each month. Your office can help by preparing outgoing mail as follows:
- Use your Harvard office return address
- Make sure all outgoing mail has your account number in the upper left hand corner near your return address
- If your office is located off campus (not on Appian Way), make sure you have “Harvard Graduate School of Education” in your address for incoming mail
- Face pieces in the same direction
- Seal “Self” sealing envelopes
- Overlap flaps for machine sealing
- Cover sharp staple ends with tape, or don’t use staples, use tape for sealing packages
- Tightly fasten metal clasp envelopes
- Seal THICK (over 1/4inch) pieces
- Please, no personal mail
- Notify us by calling the mailroom staff before preparing what you consider a large or heavy mailing OR if you have more than your usual load for pick up.
Other Best Practices
- Whenever your office/floor has any changes in personnel, we would appreciate it if you could give the mailroom an updated list of all people who should be receiving mail in your office or department. Last name first alphabetically please. Also, please send us any forwarding addresses of employees, who have left, it would be greatly appreciated.