Looking Ahead to Future Campaigns
June 2014 - Climate Change
Looking Back at Recent Campaigns
May 2014 - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink!
- Freecycle Collection: During the last two weeks of May the Green Team put out a donation bin to collect freecycle items to catch the graduating students on the way out and give staff and faculty an opportunity to donate. Don't forget about our year round collection too.
- Greening Commencement: Whenever possible composting was a focus for catered events. Rather than have individually wrapped granola bars during breakfast TOC ordered homemade bars cutting down on waste.
- Recycling Highlights: The monthly email highlighted uncommon items (electronic waste, ink/toner cartridges, etc.) letting the community know we have options at HGSE. Other highlights included off campus move out tips, and Harvard-wide resources for reusing/recycling.
Earth Month - April 2014
- April 17: Free Bike “Check-Ups” by Quad Bikes for all community members and sustainable snacks from Gutman Café.
- April 18 & 21: Folks visited the Green Team table in Gutman lobby on Friday and Monday before Earth Day, April 22, to learn all about sustainability at HGSE, test out their recycling and composting knowledge by playing the “Trash Sorting Game,” and participate in the Green Your Scene “snapshot.” Our raffle prize winner for participating at the Green Team table was Sean Arthurs! Congrats Sean – and we hope you and your friends enjoy the complementary PIZZA PARTY!
- April 21-25: Earth Week!
- Green Your Scene Polaroid Photo Op in Gutman lobby
- Earth Day Community Photo Green looks good on us, HGSE – keep up the good work!
- Earth Day Bonanza on the Science Center Plaza with HGSE’s Shower Gallon Water Display & Water Trivia Game
- Zero Waste Week Challenge at Gutman Café– Kudos to the Café team, one week = one bag!
Water Awareness - March 2014
Green Office - February 2014
- Operations becomes the first Green Office at HGSE (leaf 2)
- The Green Team developed resources that are school-specific within the frame work of the Office for Sustainability's program
Currently the Longfellow Renovation Project is underway and per Harvard’s Green Building Standards is slated to meet LEED certifications.